“Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do.” -Shaquille O’Neal
“10 Daily Habits” is a routine of things you do each day, which support the positive changes in your behavior and are foundational to the fundamental shifts that will dramatically improve your life.
Tips of selecting daily habits:
- Only choose habits you want to do.
- Choose habits that give you energy.
- Habits can be things you start doing (e.g. bike ride) or stop doing (e.g. no television)
- Have fun with your habits.
- Modify your habits as you wish.
- Never select things that you “should” do.
- Keep your habits simple.
Examples of daily habits:
- Thank one person a day
- Read something you really want to read
- Spend an hour with your children
- Offer to help someone
- Go the extra mile for a client or customer
- Drink decaf instead of caffeine
- Be in bed by 10pm
- Walk three miles each morning
- Say “No” most of the day
- Make your bed
- Go with your intuition at least once each day
- Meditate for 20 minutes
- Write in your journal
- Take a bath with special minerals
- Take your vitamins
- Handle one unresolved matter
- Make a list of the 20 daily habits that you could do.
- Scale it down to 10.
- Create a visual reminder (see the attached table below) to support you in doing these each day.
- Record the results for one week.
- Modify the list as needed. If you find yourself not doing one or two of your habits, change or replace them with ones that come naturally.
10 Daily Habits.pdf
Source: The Coach U Personal Development Workbook and Guide (2005)